Michelle's Must-Haves: Fall Style Staples
Fads are fun. Like a fling or a flame, they shine bright at the beginning but they're inability to last often leave your soul (and your pockets) feeling a little more empty than they were before. Sometimes a fad is worth the careless investment with the pure intent to satiate a craving for it's fickle attention but the true commitment is in timeless style. Bottom line: simplicity is effortless. There are certain pieces that transcend through the seasons with consistent loyalty. That loyalty is love and these are my fall style staples.
- Matt and Nat Dwell Collection Livia Bag in Carbon. Vegan, cruelty free, chic, enough said.
- Fall is all about layers and I love this Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 knit sweater. I especially love the peekaboo back. I love and gravitate toward pieces that deliver a little something unexpected (dresses with pockets, open back tops, zippers, lace and leather etc...) The chunky knit sweater is a fall style must, you can find this one at Nordstrom.com
- With Leather and lace on the mind, and as the weather turns with a crisp cool breeze, a good fall leather jacket is an easy way to keep style, sexy, simple, edgy and chic. It's easy to transition from day to night and pairs well with a dress, jeans or leggings. This BLANKNYC faux leather option comes in grey, tan and black.
- Plaid. May it be a blanket scarf, poncho or wrapthis classic pattern will always be in style and can turn any t-shirt and jean combo into a polished put together outfit. Not to mention a signature scarf or wrap is a layer that will keep you warm during the cooler morning and evening temps.
- Ripped Denim. I'm going to let you in on a little secret: you don't have to spend a ton of money on fashion to have great style. It's never about the article of clothing, the label or the price tag. It's abouthow you bring your authentic truth to your personal sense of style. I love Garage Cothing's jeggings I've been wearing them for years. They wrap all the right curves, move with the body, they last, they're comfortable, practical and won't break the bank. Plain and Simple.
- Floppy Hat. Oh just how fabulous is this one from Anthropologie?! Love!
- The ankle bootie. The best part: you can use the bootie to add an unexpected pop of colour like these blue suede Vince Camuto lovers and that tassel detail in the back.
- Long necklace. With heavier textiles and all those layers you want a piece of statement jewelry that won't get lost in the shuffle. I love how the Mala beads draw the eyes length wise, giving the illusion of a long torso as well as the grounding intention of rooted energy and radiant self love with the I am Radiant Mala collective necklace.
No matter what your style or go to staples, keep it simple sweethartz. Own your style and add your personal flair and sparkle. May you choose to wear the clothes and not let the clothes wear you.