Mushroom & Basil Spaghetti Squash
There is something about colder weather that makes me crave ooey gooey comfort type foods but I don't like throwing all my healthy efforts away for a craving on a whim. The other day, I wanted a creamy, garlic, saucy, mushroom and sun-dried tomato savory sensation so I came up with this vegetarian culinary creation and I have to admit it was absolutely irresistible. I hope you enjoy every last bite as much as I did.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Chopped Green Veggie of your choice (broccoli, asparagus, spinach, peas)
- 3 TBSP Ground cashews (or cashew flour)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese (or Nutritional Yeast if you want the dish to be vegan)
- 2 TBPS minced fresh basil
- 1 Spaghetti Squash ( cooked and removed from shell with a fork)
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat and add sliced mushrooms and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes and green veggie. Reduce heat.
- Slowly add Vegetable broth and continue to cook the vegetables on medium heat until the mushrooms, vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes absorb some of the broth and the broth reduces a little.
- Add soy milk and bring to a boil for a quick minute.
- Add ground cashews to thicken.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese (or Nutritional Yeast) cooking the sauce and stirring for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Add the basil.
- Add spaghetti squash and stir well until coated.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.