Michelle's Must-Haves: Zen Necessities
OK, truth talk: life isn't about the things but there's nothing wrong with a few key items to help life feel oh so good. One of the best compliments I have ever received has been about how my space makes people feel when they walk through my front door. Nothing makes me happier than helping other people feel happy and welcome. All that is because of clean energy and I wouldn't be able to create a clean, calm and peaceful space if I wasn't feeling pure and calm myself. I have my key items that assist me with my purpose of living a life of intention and self improvement. Here is my list of Zen Necessities and if all else fails burn some sage and get all up in those doorways and corners to say goodbye to all that bad juju!
- Saje Wellness Diffuser and Blends: This one is space specific and I love my chic Aromagem because it blends in so beautifully with my decor. Choose your 100% natural essential oil blends to purify the air and bring good health, vitality, happy thoughts and clean air to your living space. I especially love the Namaste collection.
- Mala Beads: Hand knotted and blessed in Bali I just can't get enough of Mala Collective and their collection of prayer beads. Each one with a unique intention, they are not only beautiful to wear everyday to help keep your heart aligned with your spiritual purpose but they are paired with an audio meditation to help deepen, re-start or begin your meditation practice and manifest your dreams. Truly Beautiful.
- Loose Leaf Tea: A Cup of tea to me is a warm hug in a mug. With a flavour and blend for everyone, David's Tea is at the top of my tea shop list. Better still they're from right here in Toronto.
- Vancouver Candle co.: I can't be the only person who automatically feels calmer when there's a candle burning in the room. There's just something about the mood a burning candle creates. Another Canadian favourite, how awesome is it that there is a candle for every neighbourhood in Vancouver and now Toronto?! I love this idea just as much as how beautifully they all burn andsmell. They make an amazing gift idea too. My midtown heart can't get enough ofRosedale and Yorkville and I think we should create a Mount Pleasant for the Toronto collection too.
- Journals: Everyone needs a little paper place to release thoughts, ideas, worries and dreams. They say the people who write down their dreams are more likely to see them come to fruition and I strongly agree. I've always kept a journal even if some days it's just to write a simple 'thank you' for all that is beautiful in this life and it's all beautiful.
- Daily Intentions: I start everyday with an intention. Sometimes I create my own that corresponds to what I need in that moment and other times I take guidance from angel oracle cards or my well loved 365 Prescriptions for the soul. I sometimes use these short stories and prayers in my yoga classes as well. They're perfect for opening meditation and savasana.
- Meditation pillow: Meditation cushions are in my opinion multi functional. It's always a good idea to have a designated area for your meditation practice. It creates routine and helps your body and mind recognize that when you are in that space it is a time of reflection and solitude. Halfmoon cushions are so beautiful they make great additional seating for girls night too.