Galentine's Day: A Sassy, Self-Loving How To
There's a new trendsetter in town, and her name: Galentine's. She's Saint Valentine's fabulous and fashionable distant cousin. She loves love, chocolate, wine and a rockin' good time. It's a common misconception that Galentine's is reserved for the broken hearted, the scorned, the angry and the - dare I say- super single, but I'm here to shed a little light, pull back the veil and debunk the myth that those who celebrate Galentine's are sad, lonely, angry cat ladies. I would also like to clarify that there is nothing wrong with being any of the above- or all three. I'm not here to judge. However, if you want to make a change, get out there, meet new people, try new things, expand your social circle and feel better about your dating life eHarmony.ca is a trusted place to start.
Galentine's is a shared celebration of self-love between girlfriends - single and romantically committed alike - coming together to enjoy an evening of pink and red infused debauchery. February 14th is a day, not a death sentence. The good news: whether you have big plans or your FB invites are sitting at a big 'ol ZERO, come the 15th of February, life goes on. We place a ton of pressure on ourselves to find the perfect date, partner, gift or distraction for Valentine's day and miss the point all together. Valentine's is about love and showing those we love just how much we care. Sometimes we are single, sometimes we wanna mingle and sometimes scheduling and work commitments don't allow us to indulge in the romantic reveries with our number #1. That said, grab your best girlfriends, chill the wine and let the chocolate binge begin!
Here is my super fun and sassy round up of fabulous ways to celebrate Galentine's day this year with love and style.
- Set the scene ~> Order in your favourite take-out and serve it on fancy dinnerware.
- Everyone picks their favourite chick-flicks & rom-coms. Marathon them.
- Bake valentine's inspired goodies.
- Set up an online dating personality profile for all the singles in the room (it's more fun when friends and wine are involved) - eHarmony.ca has a great reputation to help singles find their best possible compatible match. You never know who you will meet when you keep your heart open. It just may be the nudge you need to find "the one"
- Get tickets to a concert, musical or live event happening in your city.
- Party of 5 ~> Make a reservation at a hot new restaurant.
- BYBW - Everyone Bring Your Best Wine. Host a wine tasting.
- Go to a candlelight yoga class or host your own at home.
- Put on your dancing shoes and paint the town red.
- 3 Words: FIFTY. SHADES. DARKER.
- Try something new. Take a class. Cooking, dance, pottery, Kombucha - your class, your choice
- Cha-Cha Pijama! Remember how much fun it was to have a slumber party with your girlfriends growing up? Re-create the nostalgia and have a girls night in pijama party (Girl Talk obviously included)
- Cheeky Cupid Cringle: Everyonebring a new wrapped lingerie item. Draw numbers and let the cupid swapping and stealing begin!
- Write a love letter of gratitude to your ultimate romantic partner. Seal it. Destroy it. Let the universe do her work ;0)
Happy Galentine's Day Sweethartz
From my heart to yours